Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul.mnt
Observer
Observer

VCU128 PHY RESET

Jump to solution

I am porting a design with Ethernet from VCU118 to VCU128. I was wondering how to proceed about the RESET_B port: will the PHY get a reset during the power cycle, or is it mandatory to control the PHY GEM3_ENET_RESET_B pin?

If reset must be controlled explicitly, is there a reference design to do so on the VCU128, for which the pin is  behind the port extender TCA6416A?

Thank you
-- Paolo

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
paul.mnt
Observer
Observer

I completed my design and it appears the Ethernet PHY does work even without driving the reset pin.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
nanz

Hi @paul.mnt ,

You have mentioned GEM3 reset pin in your post. Just to confirm first if you're talking about MPSoC device or VCU128? GEM3 is the Hard Gigbit ethernet controller inside of the PS on MPSoC.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
paul.mnt
Observer
Observer

Thank you for your reply. I do mean VCU128. The name of the pin is reported in the board user guide.

0 Kudos
paul.mnt
Observer
Observer

I completed my design and it appears the Ethernet PHY does work even without driving the reset pin.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
paul.mnt
Observer
Observer

If anyone needs help figuring out SGMII and DDR4 on VCU128, here you can find my code.