cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giorgian
Visitor
Visitor

What License do I need for this particular Ethernet IP?

Jump to solution

I am using the ZCU102 and Vivado 2019.2. When I try generating the bit stream. I get this error:

[Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cells for which bitstream generation is not permitted:
pl_eth_10g_i/xxv_ethernet_0/inst/i_pl_eth_10g_xxv_ethernet_0_0_top_0/i_pl_eth_10g_xxv_ethernet_0_0_CORE (<encrypted cellview>)
If a new IP Core license was added, in order for the new license to be picked up, the current netlist needs to be updated by resetting and re-generating the IP output products before bitstream generation.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@Giorgian ,

10G Ethernet MAC requires a 'ten_gig_eth_mac' licensing feature. Without any valid license (like Hardware Evaluation lP COre license or a Full bought one), with just Design_Linking license in place, you woudn't be able generate your bitstream.

With Design_Linking only IP Core license in place for a particular IP you won't even be able to generate bitstream. Please see the Answer Record 42379 for further info, if needed. https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/42379.html

Try generating a Hardware Evaluation License which will allow bitstream generation and the MAC will work for a few hours. You need not pay for this.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem
Asking for solutions to problems via PM will be ignored.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@Giorgian ,

10G Ethernet MAC requires a 'ten_gig_eth_mac' licensing feature. Without any valid license (like Hardware Evaluation lP COre license or a Full bought one), with just Design_Linking license in place, you woudn't be able generate your bitstream.

With Design_Linking only IP Core license in place for a particular IP you won't even be able to generate bitstream. Please see the Answer Record 42379 for further info, if needed. https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/42379.html

Try generating a Hardware Evaluation License which will allow bitstream generation and the MAC will work for a few hours. You need not pay for this.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem
Asking for solutions to problems via PM will be ignored.

View solution in original post