cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

What is the fastest way to get networking working on Zedboard?

I would like to add netwroking capability, specifically, sockets, to my Zedboard.

I don't want to install Linux. 

I found an old Appnote, xapp1026.pdf based on the Vivado from 2014.

Is there a more recent application note or some tutorial that shows step-by-step how to add an IP (for instance, lwip) on the latest Vivado to a system on chip based on the Zedboard?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: What is the fastest way to get networking working on Zedboard?

@dag1,

Read the latest version of the PG051, TEMAC documentation and follow its example_design. This would be some work only with the PL section.

Fop a Zynq based xapp - https://www.xilinx.com/support/...notes/xapp1305-ps-pl-based-ethernet-solution.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

The example_design has XDC for Kintex 705 and Artix AC701.

I have Zedboard (Xilinx Zynq-7000).

It would be too complex as a student project to implement this.

I am looking for something easier. A step-by-step tutorial suitable for student project. How to build Vivado project for Zedboard that has Internet Protocol (IP).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@dag1,

It would be too complex as a student project to implement this.

Then I guess time is on your side. :-) The fastest way is not the best way to learn (for a student)!

A step-by-step tutorial suitable for student project. How to build Vivado project for Zedboard that has Internet Protocol (IP).

Google more for your specific needs. Also the IP is a protocol implementation that is mostly done at a higher level through software implementation.

Look for the Ethernet chapter from Adam Taylors tutorials: http://zedboard.org/content/microzed-chronicles

You also have the Avnet Zedboard forums for more specifics.

FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
0 Kudos