UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Teacher rcingham
Teacher

Where are TEMAC blocks in FX100T?

Jump to solution

Virtex-5 FX100T

ISE 12.3

I am trying to find out where the TEMAC blocks are in the FX100T device, so that I can pick the closest to the MGT that our board is already using to connect to the SFP. By using FPGA Editor I have discovered where the PowerPC and PCIe Endpoints are, but not the TEMACs.

Or are there only soft MACs, in which case I will probably look a bit of a Charlie for asking...

Thanks in anticipation.

------------------------------------------
"If it don't work in simulation, it won't work on the board."
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Professor
Professor

Re: Where are TEMAC blocks in FX100T?

Jump to solution

That part should have two TEMAC duals.  They appear as rather small boxes in the FPGA editor

compared to other hard components.  You can search for them using Edit --> Find... and look

for TEMAC_X0Y0 like:

-- Gabor

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Professor
Professor

Jump to solution

That part should have two TEMAC duals.  They appear as rather small boxes in the FPGA editor

compared to other hard components.  You can search for them using Edit --> Find... and look

for TEMAC_X0Y0 like:

-- Gabor

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Teacher rcingham
Teacher

Jump to solution
Thanks, I wasn't looking for 'Site's...

Actually, it seems to be a bit easier to blunder across them in PlanAhead, which is what I have just done.

And now I know that the SFP isn't connected to either MGT that has a TEMAC next to it. However, as it connected to one of the adjacent MGTs, there is a fair chance of getting it to work without a board re-spin, which is nice.

------------------------------------------
"If it don't work in simulation, it won't work on the board."
0 Kudos
Newbie hzc191025

Jump to solution
thank you! I got it!
0 Kudos