Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jessexi
Observer
Observer

XC7Z030 GMII Interface via EMIO

Hi Xilinx

XC7Z030 GMII Interface via EMIO,how to connect the GTX_CLK of PHY?

Usually Mac provides 125MHz clock for PHY GTX_CLK.

sfs.bmp
ds.bmp
0 Kudos
7 Replies
nanz

Hi @jessexi,

You can connect GTX_CLK to GEM GMIITXCLK.

We have an example design in this AR: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/51616.html.

Btw, are you going to use GMII to connect to PHY directly?

By just connecting the pins directly to the PHY might not meet the setup and hold requirements of the external interface.This is why in this AR, we used some synchronization logic.

There might be a better way to do it but the best thing to do is to place some timing constraints and have a way to meet them.

Other customers would reduce the pin counts by using GMII2RGMII shim on the PL.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
jessexi
Observer
Observer

Hi Xilinx

I got it,Thanks a lot!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
nanz

Hi @jessexi,

If your question has been answered here, would you please mark it as "accept solution", so other users can benefit from it?

Thank you!

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

0 Kudos
jessexi
Observer
Observer

Hi Xilinx

accept solution.Thanks.

0 Kudos
zhus116
Visitor
Visitor

hi,How do you connect the GTX_CLK of your PHY chip to the MAC of the Z7030, and let the MAC provide a 125M clock to the PHY chip, how did you solve this problem, I also want to use PL's EMIO to expand the Gigabit Ethernet port?

0 Kudos
zhus116
Visitor
Visitor

I want to know  connect the GTX_CLK of your PHY chip to the MAC of the Z7030, and let the MAC provide a 125M clock to the PHY chip, how did you solve this problem, I also want to use PL's EMIO to expand the Gigabit Ethernet port?

0 Kudos
nanz

HI @zhus116 ,

Our Community Help has a tip that might help you : Tip: If the message is older than 6-12 months, please post a new message rather than adding to the existing thread. Your inquiry will have a better chance of being picked up by an expert if it is a new topic.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/posting#posting

I would suggest you create a new topic on the appropriate board.

I will block further replies for this particular thread. Thank you for your understanding!

0 Kudos