UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Zedboard Ethernet output

I 'm working on a projet on vivado that aim to display sensor images, i displayed them on an LCD screen using VGA and HDMI, now i like to display then on my PC through the ethenet output (I also created a software on QT por image processing)

so i want to know how to make the connexion between my software and the sensor data sent via ethernet.

Any tutorial or project plz !

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Zedboard Ethernet output

Hey @mkooli,

now i like to display then on my PC through the ethenet output ...

i want to know how to make the connexion between my software and the sensor data sent via ethernet.

There are a number of options here depending on the amount of data you want to transfer.

• Copy the data via rsync/scp/tftp (either from device or from PC)
  • Install a simple web server on the device and access it from the PC software
  • Create a custom TCP server which sends the image data on request from the PC software
  • Have a realtime streaming server broadcast the data

Hope this helps,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

@mkooli

In your specific case the best course of action will be to use a UDP multicast publisher on the Zynq side. 

(There is a LWIP udp example in the SDK)

On the Linux/Windows side, you should use the usual sockets programming

http://www.tenouk.com/Module41c.html

The advantage is that you dont need to bother about connections and the switch will take care if you have several clients consuming the data. 

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

HI @hbucher

I created the project now using a UDP multicast publisher, i want to know how can I verify if my frames are sent and how can I display them on my PC.

I'm lost especially that I 'm a biginner in Vivadi and SDK programming.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

@mkooli 

The easiest way is to set an ILA in the ethernet out and capture while it's still in the board.

Another method is connecting your board to your laptop/computer with a crossover ethernet cable (which is unlikely you have). If autocross is enabled on both devices you can use a normal patch cable so just try.  Otherwise you will need a hub/switch. 

If green lights go on on both sides, you should be good to go. Fire SDK.

On the Linux/Windows laptop/computer, run wireshark and start capturing. Hopefully you should see the packets popping up in the screen.

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @hbucher,

It'seems ok for me, data packets are sent, now still the way to verify if there are the good frames data.

What I want really do, is displaying the frames on my Laptop screen, is there any software allowing this ?

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

@mkooli

Try Wireshark

https://www.wireshark.org/download.html