cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Zedboard Ethernet output

I 'm working on a projet on vivado that aim to display sensor images, i displayed them on an LCD screen using VGA and HDMI, now i like to display then on my PC through the ethenet output (I also created a software on QT por image processing)

so i want to know how to make the connexion between my software and the sensor data sent via ethernet.

Any tutorial or project plz !

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Hey @mkooli,

now i like to display then on my PC through the ethenet output ...

i want to know how to make the connexion between my software and the sensor data sent via ethernet.

There are a number of options here depending on the amount of data you want to transfer.

• Copy the data via rsync/scp/tftp (either from device or from PC)
  • Install a simple web server on the device and access it from the PC software
  • Create a custom TCP server which sends the image data on request from the PC software
  • Have a realtime streaming server broadcast the data

Hope this helps,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@mkooli

In your specific case the best course of action will be to use a UDP multicast publisher on the Zynq side. 

(There is a LWIP udp example in the SDK)

On the Linux/Windows side, you should use the usual sockets programming

http://www.tenouk.com/Module41c.html

The advantage is that you dont need to bother about connections and the switch will take care if you have several clients consuming the data. 

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

HI @hbucher

I created the project now using a UDP multicast publisher, i want to know how can I verify if my frames are sent and how can I display them on my PC.

I'm lost especially that I 'm a biginner in Vivadi and SDK programming.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@mkooli 

The easiest way is to set an ILA in the ethernet out and capture while it's still in the board.

Another method is connecting your board to your laptop/computer with a crossover ethernet cable (which is unlikely you have). If autocross is enabled on both devices you can use a normal patch cable so just try.  Otherwise you will need a hub/switch. 

If green lights go on on both sides, you should be good to go. Fire SDK.

On the Linux/Windows laptop/computer, run wireshark and start capturing. Hopefully you should see the packets popping up in the screen.

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @hbucher,

It'seems ok for me, data packets are sent, now still the way to verify if there are the good frames data.

What I want really do, is displaying the frames on my Laptop screen, is there any software allowing this ?

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@mkooli

Try Wireshark

https://www.wireshark.org/download.html