cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prabha-5g
Visitor
Visitor

Zynq Ethernet issue

I am using a custom FPGA board(XCZU28DR). I have issues interfacing ethernet chip with the FPGA. 

We are using DP83867IRRGZR Ethernet chip connected in GEM3 in the PS (connections are similar to ZCU111 board)

I am getting the following errors when I boot the board 

ethernet@ff0e0000 Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete......................................... TIMEOUT !
missing environment variable: pxeuuid
missing environment variable: bootfile
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/00000000
ethernet@ff0e0000 Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete......................................... TIMEOUT !
missing environment variable: bootfile
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/0000000

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
nanz

Hi @prabha-5g ,

Are you using RGMII MIO with GEM3 too? Could you please upload your DTS and bootlog to have a look? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
shabbirk

Hi @prabha-5g 

Can you check if boot.src file is copied into the SD card if you are booting from it? If not try copying this file too

Regards
Shabbir

0 Kudos
prabha-5g
Visitor
Visitor

Hi nanz,

Please find the attached DTS, bootlog and the schematic file.

Regards

Prabha

0 Kudos
prabha-5g
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Shabbrik,

I tried placing the boot.scr in addition to the UEnv.txt file in the sd card. I am getting the same error. 

Regards

Prabha

0 Kudos
shabbirk

Hi @prabha-5g 

Rather than the ethernet issue, I believe you don't have the uboot environment variables. If the connections are same, can you try with the ZCU111 BSP flow once, I mean create a petalinux project with zcu111 BSP and then import your hdf file to build the project to see how it goes?

Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
prabha-5g
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Shabbirk,

The pinout are different for UART in ZCU111 and my board. So i cannot use the same hdf file. 

Can you suggest how i can access uboot environmental variables, and I create my files manually not using petalinux. 

Attached is my current error log. 

Regards

Prabha

0 Kudos
prabha-5g
Visitor
Visitor

I could not download zcu111 BSP from the website, so I created a petalinux project with template. 

And I see that eth0 is not found. I have set a static IP as I was getting BOOTP error messages. 

What should I do further? Is there anything I am missing.

Regards

Prabha

0 Kudos