UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

after 10GEMAC IS interfaced to 10BASE_R, should i interface directly to SFP+ ??? or should i connect to GTX transceiver in VC707???

Jump to solution

HAI

i have to interface 10GE MAC to SFP+ in vc707 board, i have learnt from here that, i have to first interface 10GEMAC with 10GBASE_R and then to SFP+.

10GBASE_R ip is available from vivado. in this IP there are lot of input/output ports regarding transreceiver, so i am confused , should i directly 10GBASE_R to sfp+ or should i connect to something else ??????????????

thanks and regards

AKRAM

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: after 10GEMAC IS interfaced to 10BASE_R, should i interface directly to SFP+ ??? or should i connect to GTX transceiver in VC707???

Jump to solution
sir, i want to know wheather this 10GBASE_R has inbuild GTXE2 transceiver????? there are lot of signals like

gttxreset
gtrxreset
qplllock
qplloutclk
qplloutrefclk
drp_den_i
drp_dwe

these all are input to transreceiver, i dont know how to handle this signals,

do i have to interface transreceiver code before 10GBASE_R ???

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: after 10GEMAC IS interfaced to 10BASE_R, should i interface directly to SFP+ ??? or should i connect to GTX transceiver in VC707???

Jump to solution

Hi Akram,

You can directly connect the transceiver pins to the SFP+.

Find the required connection between the SFP+ and the corresponding FPGA pins in the below document.

Have a look at page 40.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/vc707/ug885_VC707_Eval_Bd.pdf

The status signal pins can be found from the schematic.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
sir, i want to know wheather this 10GBASE_R has inbuild GTXE2 transceiver????? there are lot of signals like

gttxreset
gtrxreset
qplllock
qplloutclk
qplloutrefclk
drp_den_i
drp_dwe

these all are input to transreceiver, i dont know how to handle this signals,

do i have to interface transreceiver code before 10GBASE_R ???

View solution in original post

0 Kudos