Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yesuraju@408
Observer
Observer

bank voltage conflicts

Jump to solution

Hai everyone

I am using kc705 evaluation board (xc7k325t fpga)  in that when i am configuring i am facing issues.

output_enable_out----lvcmos15

clk_p------lvds

clk_n-----lvds

but these 3 pins are related to bank33 ,it will shows error like below.anyhow i am using master constraints located in kc705 user guide.,what i have to place in IOSTANDARD.

----------ERROR------------------------

Rule violation (BIVC-1) Bank IO standard Vcc - Conflicting Vcc voltages in bank 33. For example, the following two ports in this bank have conflicting VCCOs:
output_enable_out (LVCMOS15, requiring VCCO=1.500) and clk_p (LVDS, requiring VCCO=1.800)

---------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sandrao
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looking at the KC705 UG810 Bank 33 is powered at 1.5V so the LVCMOS15 is correct. 

The Sysclk that is also on bank 33 has an external DIFF_TERM resistor see Figure 1-10, therefore you need to set the DIFF_TERM = FALSE for this IO pair. 

When DIFF_TERM = TRUE there is a dependency on the Vcco and it needs to be 1.8V for a HP bank. When DIFF_TERM = FALSE the Vcco can be 1.5V and the DIFF_TERM is external. 

Thanks,

Sandy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub , Versal Blogs and the Versal Useful Resources .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sandrao
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looking at the KC705 UG810 Bank 33 is powered at 1.5V so the LVCMOS15 is correct. 

The Sysclk that is also on bank 33 has an external DIFF_TERM resistor see Figure 1-10, therefore you need to set the DIFF_TERM = FALSE for this IO pair. 

When DIFF_TERM = TRUE there is a dependency on the Vcco and it needs to be 1.8V for a HP bank. When DIFF_TERM = FALSE the Vcco can be 1.5V and the DIFF_TERM is external. 

Thanks,

Sandy

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub , Versal Blogs and the Versal Useful Resources .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
balcells
Visitor
Visitor

Hi

I'm facing the same issue, when I try to use SYSCLK_P(_N) as input of a clk_wiz (generate by IP Catalog -> clocking -> clocking Wizard)

I'm using a KC705 board with KC705_Rev1_0_U1.ucf.xdc file where I tried to add set_property DIFF_TERM FALSE [get_ports SYSCLK_P] (same for _N)

but I always have the same issue at implementation:

[DRC BIVC-1] Bank IO standard Vcc: Conflicting Vcc voltages in bank 33. For example, the following two ports in this bank have conflicting VCCOs:
GPIO_SW_N (LVCMOS15, requiring VCCO=1.500) and SYSCLK_P (LVDS, requiring VCCO=1.800)

regards

André

0 Kudos