Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srawan.2012
Visitor
Visitor

ethernet interface between virtex 6 ml605 and pc

hi,

i am trying to interface virtex 6 ML605 with PC through ethernet....basic data transfer(files) between them....i'm trying to implement it with TEMAC IP core but unable to succeed..so plz help me how to proceed with this..and i also wanted to implement this interface without a processor....

if anyone of you worked on this interface....can you plz share the procedure how to do

it is easier to implement it with ip cores or with processor?????

regards,

srawan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

To use TEMAC with processor or not depends on your design requirement ,  but I think you can find enough example designs both the ways.

There is a detailed Example Design in UG800

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/v6_emac/v2_3/ug800_v6_emac.pdf

Though the below link mentions V5, you can use similar concepts for V6,  have loop back and check the packets in wireshark

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Connectivity/Can-t-figure-out-the-TEMAC-Tri-Mode-Wrapper-Core-on-Virtex-5/m-p/58264#M1193

Hope this helps

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
muzaffer
Teacher
Teacher

what have you tried so far? if you don't want a processor the sane thing to do is to implement a udp stack and overlay it with a basic error correction layer.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
srawan.2012
Visitor
Visitor

i have tried but unable to configure the pins correctly...i can see no data transmission from fpga when i'm monitoring it in wireshark.
i think i'm unable to instantiate the TEMAC wrapper ports correctly......can u plz help me.....the thing i wanted to do is to send the data from FPGA to PC (one way)....i'm using temac wrapper v1.4
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
srawan.2012
Visitor
Visitor

hi ,

the pdf u have linked is for ethernet  wrapper v2.3 but my xilinx version supports ethernet MAC wrapper v1.4.....i downloaded it and did the same....i am able to connect the fpga board with my PC....i.e i can see on wireshark that the device is connected but i am unable to send or receive data .....

while receiving data from PC it was showing error as IP check sum offload error in wireshark....so the data is not being received by FPGA although on the ethernet port it was showing that a transaction has happened (by blinking ).

while sending data...data that is being sent is  not coming out of the MAC wrapper....i am sending a pattern 00110011.....but it is not showing any output.

the signals coming out from MAC wrapper are as below (as observed in chipscope):

EMACCLIENTTXSTATSBYTEVLD  =0

EMACCLIENTTXSTATSVLD  = 0

EMACCLIENTTXSTATS =0

EMACPHYTXEN =0

EMACPHYTXER =0.

i hav a doubt ...is it that u hav to send a FRAMED 8-bit data to the input of wrapper....or any 8 bit data will do the work.

thanx,

srawan

Tags (2)
0 Kudos