03-05-2021 06:48 AM - edited 03-05-2021 09:05 AM
gig_ethernet_pcs_pma on vc707 response to arping, but not ping or udp
I have a VC707 board and using the gig_ethernet_pcs_pma talking to the ethernet.
Most time it works but occationally it doesn't fully functional. One more strange case is it response arping, but not ping.
I added chip scope on the gmii side of the gig_ethernet_pcs_pma and the rx and tx packet all looks fine.
The gig_ethernet_pcs_pma is configured to no auto negotiation and the status vector on the chip scope shows 0x03 during the rx_dv, and 0x0b all other time.
On the VC707 board the Marvell 88E1111 is used, so I also write the
to the 88e1111 to bypass AR.
On the computer side, the wireshark also observe the TX, but no RX
How can I further debug this problem?
BTW: here is the config for the gig_ethernet_pcs_pma
Should I add the
03-07-2021 11:35 AM - edited 03-07-2021 11:50 AM
Got another bitfile doesn't ping, even not arping
I attached both the ip core (gig_ethernet_pcs_pma devaddr=0x6) and the PHY (88E0111, devaddr=0x7) to a mdio interface and readout the configuration like below.
The status bit seems fine for me as the link status bit 1.2 for both of them are 1, means link is up.
devaddr 0x6 oui: 0x5d03 model 0x0 revnum 0x0 0x0 0140 0x1 01c4 0x2 0174 0x3 0c00 0x4 0001 0x5 0001 0x6 0000 0x7 0000 0x8 0000 0x9 0000 0xa 0000 0xb 0000 0xc 0000 0xd 0000 0xe 0000 0xf 8000 0x10 0000 0x11 0001 0x12 0003 0x13 0000 0x14 0000 0x15 0000 0x16 0000 0x17 0000 0x18 0000 0x19 0000 0x1a 0000 0x1b 0000 0x1c 0000 0x1d 0000 0x1e 0000 0x1f 0000 devaddr 0x7 oui: 0x5043 model 0xc revnum 0x2 0x0 0140 0x1 014d 0x2 0141 0x3 0cc2 0x4 9801 0x5 0000 0x6 0004 0x7 2001 0x8 0000 0x9 0300 0xa 7800 0xb 0000 0xc 0000 0xd 0000 0xe 0000 0xf f000 0x10 0078 0x11 a410 0x12 0000 0x13 0000 0x14 0c68 0x15 0000 0x16 0001 0x17 0000 0x18 4100 0x19 0000 0x1a 0012 0x1b 8480 0x1c 0000 0x1d 0000 0x1e 0000 0x1f 0000
From the FPGA gmii interface, I do get the packed in and also trying to send the packet out as attached, the gmii.rxd and txd and the rx datavalid and tx enable all seems find to me as attached
But the result on wireshark is not getting any response.
And the LED status of the DS11-13 is
off off green
green blink blink
13 12 11
Seems mean the tx and rx are blinking, the duplex and link1000 are solid green and link100 and link10 are off. They all seems find to me