UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is phyad fixed for pca_pma core

when generate ge-pcs-pma core, we can input phy address value. just like attach shows.

I want to know if this value can not be changed in user code?

if in my design, there are 32 ge input ports, so I need instantiate 32 pcs-pma core. If I want to configure them through mdio, I need to know the core's phyad value. So if the value can not be changed by user, then does it mean I have to generate 32 pcs-pma core one by one?

Thanks

phyad.png
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: is phyad fixed for pca_pma core

I believe you need to regenerate the core if any parameter will change in coregen GUI including the phy address.

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos

Re: is phyad fixed for pca_pma core

er,,,,I used this core in v6, it can set phyad by user manaully. But for v7,why it is fixed? I believe it will be a huge work to generate so many cores.
0 Kudos