Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

store data from ethernet in RAM

Jump to solution

Hallo,

I'm trying to find out how can I store the data from Ethernet to RAM(DDR on ultrascale+).

Because I'm really new for Vivado and SDK. Maybe I need to write code in SDK?

Thanks for help

Holzmann

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@betanken,

1. See the MAC IP example design from Xilinx.

2. See the Xilinx MIG core example design.

On the MAC side (not PHY connectivity side) you can see data being pushed-in or received into a small buffer. In order to place data to the DDR connect the o/p of this MAC FIFO to the MIG core input. You If you do not meet data widths or data rates, use another intermediate FIFO or modify the MAC FIFO such that your requirements are met.

It can be done completely using RTL or SDK, choice is yours.

You are done! :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

@betanken

Yes, you need to write code, but Xilinx itself has some basic functions to use. So it's not hard to write.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@betanken,

1. See the MAC IP example design from Xilinx.

2. See the Xilinx MIG core example design.

On the MAC side (not PHY connectivity side) you can see data being pushed-in or received into a small buffer. In order to place data to the DDR connect the o/p of this MAC FIFO to the MIG core input. You If you do not meet data widths or data rates, use another intermediate FIFO or modify the MAC FIFO such that your requirements are met.

It can be done completely using RTL or SDK, choice is yours.

You are done! :-)

FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

forum.PNG

I have read the document of tri mode ethernet mac IP, I don't think it works for me.......

I have a petalinux running on my board. Actually I can get data from Ethernet on ps side.

So I think the right way is like the green arrows in the build. But what make me confused is that how can I in PL side to get the data from GEM3.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@betanken,

I have a petalinux running on my board. Actually I can get data from Ethernet on ps side.

Yes you can use that too.

I was talking about the TEMAC core to be implemented on the PL.

FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
0 Kudos