UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie cation

what difference that XAUI interface work as system side interface or line side interface?

would someone like to give me some  explanation about the difference when XAUI work as line side interface or in system interface?
i am much puzziled about this concept.
thanks a lot
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Explorer
Explorer

Re: what difference that XAUI interface work as system side interface or line side interface?

I haven't looked at the XAUI spec, but if it's like the earlier ethernet transceiver interface standards, the difference is mainly which side supplies the clock and error signals.  That was the difference between MII and "reverse MII" (not to be confused with "reduced MII").

You would choose which side to implement based on what you're connecting to.  If your design will connect to a XAUI transceiver, then you ned to implement the system side.  If your design will connect to a MAC (i.e., in an SoC), then your design needs to implement the transceiver side.

0 Kudos