UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the value of the highest communication speed for sp605 with axi_ethernet using lwip ?

Jump to solution

I am using a system similar with sp605(the differency is phy is RTL8211)  with lwip (no operating system), just test the speed , it is low shown below ; and some parammeters should be changed I think to accellerate the speed.

And I want to know,  how fast can the sp605 with axi_ethernet and lwip run in ideal condition (without operating system )?AX545-TM12千兆 测速.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: what is the value of the highest communication speed for sp605 with axi_ethernet using lwip ?

Jump to solution

Hi @microchip_zhang ,

XAPP1026 has also provided AC701 and KC705 desgins which are based on Microablze too and with clock freq 100M or 150MHz. You may refer the performnace results on page 23 for SP605.

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Re: what is the value of the highest communication speed for sp605 with axi_ethernet using lwip ?

Jump to solution

Hi @microchip_zhang,

AXI Ethernet can run at ~1G. What is the link speed of the link partner running at? What is the Auto-negotiated speed?

The lwip parameters can tune performance, please refer to sections “Configuring Memory Options”, “Configuring Packet Buffer (Pbuf) Memory Options” and “TEMAC Adapter Options” in lwip library documentation to see more information on each parameter:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug1137-zynq-ultrascale-mpsoc-swdev.pdf

Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Jump to solution
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Jump to solution
One other thing,
Check what your testing with,
I have seen cause problems
bad cables
far end not being capable,
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>

Jump to solution

Thanks for all the help above ,

but I want to emphasize that  I am using spartan-6 , just with a soft microblaze(fequency is 100Mhz) .

I know zynq  and zynq ultrascale can construct the similar system with microblaze, but they have the more powerful hard arm core , and I have research the xapp1026 , and speed shown below ,  but can spartan-6  just with a soft microblaze(fequency is 100Mhz)  accelerate to the speed blow ,or what is the upper limit of the spartan-6 ?

zynq.png

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @microchip_zhang ,

XAPP1026 has also provided AC701 and KC705 desgins which are based on Microablze too and with clock freq 100M or 150MHz. You may refer the performnace results on page 23 for SP605.

View solution in original post