Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

zynq7 rgmii via mio

Jump to solution

Hi,I put a ethernet phy(BCM54616SCOIFBG)on ps_mio,the two ports are connected with RGMII interfaca(HSTL_18),the mio bank is powered by 1.8V,and the ps_mio_vref_501 is powered by half vcc_mio.The tx data/ctrl/clk and rx clk is termanited to half vcc_mio.

The trace length between two ports is about 3700mil,and the skew between all the traces is less than 10mil.

We read the status of the phy from MDC/MDIO.It seems that the chip is working well, and the link-up is shown on the screen,but we can't ping the target ip, package loss 100%.

We used to put this phy on the PL,the HP_DCI port,still HSTL_18,everything is OK,but there is no DCI on ps_mio.

The phenomenon is so weired,is there any SI problem?  According to the ZC706,there is no termination on the rgmii,what should I do? Cut all the terminations on the TX?  or put termination on the RX at fpga side ,just like DCI?

image.png
image.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: zynq7 rgmii via mio

Jump to solution

Hi

Please refer to Xilinx Eval board schematics and board.

Seems that MDC/MDIO working and link is up, i believe issue might not be related from board.

Regards
Pratap

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi

Please refer to Xilinx Eval board schematics and board.

Seems that MDC/MDIO working and link is up, i believe issue might not be related from board.

Regards
Pratap

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Jump to solution

you mean  it's software configuration that cause this problem?

0 Kudos