UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

AC701, ADV7511 and I2C

Hello,

I've been trying to read back a configuration from an ADV7511 on an AC701 dev board.

So far, no success.

I used the code from xapp741 (for a kintex dev board). I used the XIic_DynSend / XIic_DynRecv functions from the code but it does not work for the ADV7511.

It works for the I2C switch though...

Do anyone has a working function to read & write a byte to an ADV7511? This device is driving me crazy.

Moreover, is there a documentation describing the I2C API for the Xilinx I2C PL IPs?

Many thanks.

--Sebastien
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: AC701, ADV7511 and I2C

Hi @sebo,

Why do you want to read the configuration from the ADV7511?

If this is only to use the ADV7511, I wrote the Video Series 19 and Video Series 20 to show how to use it on the ZC702 but this can be applied on the AC701.

Note that I am doing write for the configuration and read to get the status of the HPD.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi @florentw,

Thanks for answering. Yes we plan to use your video series posts. but, you code is for the I2C PS. The API differs from a I2C PL... I don't know why.

So we can't use as is the code you provided. Therefore, the R/W I2C functions must be adapted.

--Sebastien
0 Kudos

HI @sebo,

I remember porting the xapp741 to tha AC701 board, but I cannot remember if I faced doing it. From what I remember it was pretty straight forward (change vivado design to match changes in ADV7511 connections and change the configuration of the ADV7511).

I think I used XIic_Send (not dynamic). The small catch I can think of is that I needed to wait for the i2c bus to be free before reading/writing anything.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos