UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor arjun_nadh
Visitor

DS1 LED in ZCU102 is red

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I have been using a ZCU102 board with AD9371 FMC card for sometime now. Everything was fine.

All of a sudden the DS1 LED started becoming red, and then I cannot program the FPGA. Initially the red colour disappeared after switching on

the board after a long time, but now whenever I switch on, DS1 is red. Please help me with this.

IMG_20181222_184957-min.jpgDS1 LED red in color

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: DS1 LED in ZCU102 is red

Jump to solution

Hi @arjun_nadh,

Please go through this ZCU102 Debug Checklist, and confirm me till Step4 there are no issues? If the board is getting detected through Vivado hardware manager please share the snapshot.

1. Please share Vivado version and OS details?

2. Which configuration mode you are using to configure the FPGA?

---If you are facing issues in configuring the FPGA through JTAG or QSPI mode, please refer STEP 5 and 6 in ZCU102 Debug Checklist.

3. Please perform Flash Restoration, by referring Flash Restoration tutorial and refer Restoration Files. After Performing Flash restoration please share the Power Good LEDS snapshot.

4.After Step3, Try to configure the FPGA from configuration modes listed in UG1182 (v1.4). 

can you please check with Analog devices, whether AD9371 has been tested/supported in rev1.1 board?

let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Deepak D N

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Reply or Give Kudo or Mark it as an Accepted Solution.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @arjun_nadh,

Please go through this ZCU102 Debug Checklist, and confirm me till Step4 there are no issues? If the board is getting detected through Vivado hardware manager please share the snapshot.

1. Please share Vivado version and OS details?

2. Which configuration mode you are using to configure the FPGA?

---If you are facing issues in configuring the FPGA through JTAG or QSPI mode, please refer STEP 5 and 6 in ZCU102 Debug Checklist.

3. Please perform Flash Restoration, by referring Flash Restoration tutorial and refer Restoration Files. After Performing Flash restoration please share the Power Good LEDS snapshot.

4.After Step3, Try to configure the FPGA from configuration modes listed in UG1182 (v1.4). 

can you please check with Analog devices, whether AD9371 has been tested/supported in rev1.1 board?

let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Deepak D N

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Reply or Give Kudo or Mark it as an Accepted Solution.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Visitor arjun_nadh
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the reply. I am going through the debug checklist. In step 1 when I was checking the Jumpers, I found that for J162 and J88

was left open, which is different from the default configuration listed.

For step 2 to check power I don't properly understand how to check for the voltages. Should I use a multimeter and if so which pin should I 

check for?

Thanks and Regards

Arjun Nadh 

0 Kudos
Visitor arjun_nadh
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi, Forgot to mention, my vivado version is 2018.2

Regards

Arjun Nadh

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Arjun,

Please take a look at these ARs:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66882.html

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66811.html

If you can get a Maxim cable, it's worth checking that.

Thanks,

Andres

0 Kudos
Visitor arjun_nadh
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response. We tried both the links but it did not resolve the problem. We have now talked to the Xilinx support and they raised a service request for the same.

Thanks

Arjun

0 Kudos