UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor ksharma3
Visitor

Re: Digilent Atlys board

Hi, I have created a new post . Would you be able to clarify some doubts I have regarding HDMI input and ucf files.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Visitor asmartin
Visitor

Well regarding this ATLYS board from Digilent, memory is now MIRA manufactured (no information or datasheet through internet), and MIG is not able to configure a suitable MCB for MIRA: ATLYS memory is not supported by Xilinx MIG, and you need to "patch" file generated for MICRON. It's a bull**bleep** more like a FPGA board, this ATLYS.

I strongly recommend NEVER USE DIGILENT BOARDS, because you never know what compnents you will find on them. And probably their cmponents would not be supported by original Xilinx development tools like MIG.

I'm a very disappointed ATLYS customer (enginner of telecommunications) with an ATLYS ready to throw it away to trash.

I recommend an original SP601 or SP605 instead.

0 Kudos
Scholar joelby
Scholar

Weird! Would you mind telling me the part number or markings on the MIRA part so that I can update my Atlys page?
0 Kudos
Visitor milad222
Visitor

Hi, Can any one inpute a simple VHDL code for write and read to ddr2 memory on atlys board?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor asmartin
Visitor

@joelby wrote:
Weird! Would you mind telling me the part number or markings on the MIRA part so that I can update my Atlys page?

Yes, of course.

Manufacturer: Deutron (Taiwan)

Model: P3R1GE4EGF (No datasheet available, but equivalent part P3R1GE4JGF)

Low-cost equivalent part.

THANKS DIGILENT.

0 Kudos
Visitor asmartin
Visitor

DIGILENTINC (USA) recommends using ELPIDA equivalent part, but DIGILENT.ro recommends using MICRON equivalent part.

It's a crazy and stupid change just to increase DIGILENT benefits.

THANKS DIGILENT.

0 Kudos
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

FYI - Micron recently bought Elpida.  Access to Elpida datasheets had been a problem in the past, maybe less of a problem post-merger with Micron.

DRAM is a tricky business, and product availability is often a problem.  I would not be too quick to judge Digilent as evil or sinister.  I would not be surprised if Digilent contracts their component purchasing and board assembly, in which case a supplier made the decision to replace a Micron or Elpida component with another equivalent part.  This is done every day, and you should be able to use the original Elpida or Micron device profile to 'build' your design.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Visitor piense
Visitor

Has anyone successfully used the MIRA part in a design? I've tried following the Atlys MIG tutorial with the recommened equivalent part from the reference manual with no luck, the timing parameters from the datasheet appear to match the core generator timing settings. I output the calibration done signal to the board's LEDs and am getting no resposne so my best guess is that the calibration isn't completing successfully but I'm at a loss of where to go from there for troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
Visitor piense
Visitor

So I've managed to get it working. It seems there is something wrong with the reset signal in the top file in the project from that Atlys tutorial. Once I get a slightly more useful demo working with my Atlys board I'll post my full code for anyone else who stumbles upon this thread.

0 Kudos
Visitor aliaslam
Visitor

Hi,

I am running into the same problem. The calibration signal is not goiing up. Will you tell me how you solved this issue.

Thanks in advance

Ali

0 Kudos
Visitor hassaniqbal
Visitor

Hi,

Please share the code so others can benefit. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Visitor hassaniqbal
Visitor

@sleary78 wrote:

Fixed....

The problem for anyone else stupid enough to hit the same problem is that the MIG defines DEBUG and the xapp495 output demo has `ifdef DEBUG statement. This causes the video to be non-functional and optimised out. Removing the debug blocks makes everything work.

Hello @sleary78,

Can you please share the code with me? I am trying to use MIG with XAPP495 for months now. Thanking in advance. 

0 Kudos