UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer shivanipatel
Observer

Error while programming FPGA

Thanks for all your replies.

I started my fpga programming with a simple ring counter program. DFC systems board

has a way to program through network, hence after including the mcs file in the system's

memory i programmed fpga using "boot -v *.mcs" command, however the assigned LED

outputs are working ensuring that the fpga has programmed but the other LEDs which have not

been assigned as any output are also glowing, hence iam clueless whats happening.

Also as i run the boot command following response is shown:

boot: open design file ring_counter.mcs
boot: decoded 480148 bytes
boot: open device
boot: write configuration stream
boot: failed to boot: CRC error: Input/output error

How can I resolve this issue, any help is appreciated.:)

Shivani

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

Re: Error while programming FPGA

Are you asking for help with a software application provided by DFC systems for use with a DFC systems board?

If yes, then here are two suggestions:

1.  Contact the DFC systems folks for help and support.  I would think they are your best bet for help with their hardware and software.

2.  Post this thread in the 3rd Party/Other Boards forum, which is set up specifically for discussions of non-Xilinx boards and non-Xilinx development tools.

I am not familiar with the DFC systems outfit or their products.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Observer shivanipatel
Observer

Re: Error while programming FPGA

Thanks for the link.

Shivani

0 Kudos