UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer s_aelsok
Observer

FMC150 and ML605 board in System Generator.

Jump to solution

I would like to use ML605 with the ADC from FMC150 card - in an application as simple as sampling a sinewave for example and displaying the result on a scope in simulink. I need to preform a HW-cosim using point-to-point ethernet using a free running clock; for which I have done the output interface using a shared memory configured as FIFO. 

I went through the datasheets for the ADS62P49 and CDCE72010 , I've also read the vhdl code from the getting started reference design for the ML605 DSP kit, extracted what I need for the operation of the ADC. 

So now I need to import the vhdl file (for ADC interface) into a blackbox in sysgen.

1-How to set the constraints for this (ADC) block ? 

(i.e. how to set the clk_ab_p, clk_ab_n, cha_p and cha_n in the getting started reference design for example to the corresponding ports of the FMC150?  - like adding a UCF file )

2-Is it possible to import the mmcm  blocks?  and how to make the clock of my design an output of the mmcm ? 

3-Is it possible to get rid of the mmcm blocks in the getting started reference design if I use a sampling frequency equal to the clock frequency (say 100 MSPS  and 100 MHz clock) ? 

4-If there is any simpler way to do this, please provide me with your suggestions. 

Thanks in advance,

Ahmed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer s_aelsok
Observer

Re: FMC150 and ML605 board in System Generator.

Jump to solution

Hi Gabriel,

I found an alternative solution for this, 

what I did is defining a new implementation target in system generator - in which you can select your clock port. Then I added the outputs of the ADC as non memory mapped ports. and I added a blackbox only for the IDDR buffer, for turning the DDR format of the LVDS_25 buffer into SDR. 

However I am facing currently a problem of how to define a port in system generator as LVDS. as when I add this LVDS buffer as a blackbox, the system generator would give me an error , because it would infer the input port connected to this buffer as a single ended input buffer , and gives me an error that It is not allowed to have 2 input buffers connected in a row. 

and when I try to specify that in the UCF file associated with the target that I defined, I get an error that the input non-memory mapped port is single ended and the UCF staes the constraint that it should be differential.

I just posted this porblem here : http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/DSP-Tools/LVDS-buffer-for-sysgen/td-p/221831

but so far no answer.

any other solutions in mind ? 

Best regards,

Ahmed.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello Ahmed,

Did you carry on with this idea? I am now facing exactly the same problem, but I am about to move away and try an alternative solution for my problem..

Regards,

Gabriel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer s_aelsok
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi Gabriel,

I found an alternative solution for this, 

what I did is defining a new implementation target in system generator - in which you can select your clock port. Then I added the outputs of the ADC as non memory mapped ports. and I added a blackbox only for the IDDR buffer, for turning the DDR format of the LVDS_25 buffer into SDR. 

However I am facing currently a problem of how to define a port in system generator as LVDS. as when I add this LVDS buffer as a blackbox, the system generator would give me an error , because it would infer the input port connected to this buffer as a single ended input buffer , and gives me an error that It is not allowed to have 2 input buffers connected in a row. 

and when I try to specify that in the UCF file associated with the target that I defined, I get an error that the input non-memory mapped port is single ended and the UCF staes the constraint that it should be differential.

I just posted this porblem here : http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/DSP-Tools/LVDS-buffer-for-sysgen/td-p/221831

but so far no answer.

any other solutions in mind ? 

Best regards,

Ahmed.

0 Kudos