UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer omara007
Observer

How to download bitfile to XtremeDSP Starter Platform – Spartan-3A DSP 1800A Edition

Hi

I have purchased the XtremeDSP Starter Platform – Spartan-3A DSP 1800A Edition but I didn't order any download cables along with it. I would like to know my available options for downloading the bitfile to the FPGA ? .. can I use a normal JTAG cable with one termina being of USB interface (to be connected to the PC) and the other terminal being of FlyLeads (to be connected to the board) ? .. if so, what are FlyLead configuration that I should be using ?

I would also like to know if this will also work with ChipScope or not.

--
Regards
Mohammad Y. Omara
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Observer omara007
Observer

Re: How to download bitfile to XtremeDSP Starter Platform – Spartan-3A DSP 1800A Edition

Let's make the question more clear:

Say I do have a Lattice FPGA programmer, can I use it with Xilinx FPGA ? .. givn that it's a USB-JTAG cable ..

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to download bitfile to XtremeDSP Starter Platform – Spartan-3A DSP 1800A Edition

While the Lattice JTAG cable can electrically interoperate with the Xilinx devices, there is no software that I know that has been created that would be able to be use to program non-Lattice devices.
------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Observer omara007
Observer

So, what are my options (Xilinx-based and non-Xilinx-based) now to be able to download my bitfiles to my FPGA ?
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The XtremeDSP Starter Platform Spartan-3A DSP 1800A Edition only has the J4 JTAG header for JTAG configuration. If you want to program the FPGA using Xilinx tools, you will need one of the programming cables listed on the Online Store (http://www.xilinx.com/onlinestore/program_solutions.htm#pc) or by the Configuration Hardware Datasheets (http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/configuration_hardware.htm).

These cable can be used to connect the board to you machine and then use Xilinx programming tools (iMPACT or ChipScope) in order to configure the FPGA via JTAG. These are the supported solutions by Xilinx.

0 Kudos