UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to perform unit testing on Xilinx ZC702 board

Hi,

Does Xilinx SDK support any unit testing frameworks? If it supports how to use that functionality?

Is ther any simpler way for doing this?

Our requirement is to develop our code using TDD (Test Driven Development) with Xilinx SDK. 

Waiting for your reply

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: How to perform unit testing on Xilinx ZC702 board

Certainly not in the formal sence in the public domain.

The normal test a user like myself would do is load one of the demo designs for that board, and see if that works,

have a search ,  you will find them

this might also help

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54012.html

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54130.html

0 Kudos
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

aishwarya.k@ge.com,

I want to perform unit testing on Zynq ZC702 eval board. Is ther any simpler way for doing this?

I guess this has been already been done by the board manufacturer.

You just use your design on the board and see if YOUR DESIGN works ON THE BOARD.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Hi,
My requirement is I need to perform unit testing for my design on Zynq ZC702 using Xilinx SDK. Is there any way by which unit testing can be performed in SDK?
0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

unit testing is a very wide subject.

from just turning on and seeing no smoke comes out, to full every pin and track verified.

What do you want to achieve and why ,

how much resource and time do you have, do you have bed of nail testers, or flying probes ?

do you want to do this once, on one board, or across thousands per day .

Give us a lot more details as to what you wan tto achieve please

0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Taking step back, what do yo umena by a unit ?

the board, a lump of software, or what ?

more questoins than ansewers Im afraid.

0 Kudos
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Valid questions raised by drjohnsmith.

My requirement is I need to perform unit testing for my design on Zynq ZC702 using Xilinx SDK.

A board level unit testing for the implemented design makes little sense. You can do some unit testing for the design, but this is usually done during the early design stages and is typically done at the simulation level. Folks here call it functional verification.

What can be done is that using SDK, for your design implemented on the target board (this is just an example)....

1. Compile a binary that can execute "Hello World" for your implemented design.

2. If 1 is successful, try to compile a binary that can write and then read some registers for your implemented design.

3. And so on...

Seems like someone from software dev/test background is being assigned a task in the hardware logic dev/test domain.

FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
0 Kudos