UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

I2C interface usage of zc702 board

Hello, 

I have read the zc702 board schematic. There is an I2C interface(PS_SDA_MAIN and PS_SCL_MAIN) from the mio pins of PS side. And then enters a MUX and going to some other places ( like fmc connectors, PMOD, PMbus connector, hdmi, eeprom).  Now, I want to connect an external sensor to the zc702 board. Which one is the easist way to make connection between external sensor and zc702 board. PMOD expanders have 12 male headers. Usage of this PMOD could be easy maybe.  How can I use this PMOD interface with my external sensor that its interface is I2C. 

Thank you

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: I2C interface usage of zc702 board

@doner_t 

1. If you want to use PMOD J63, implement I2C on any of the bank the J63 PMOD signals connect to. 
  2. If you want to PS_I2C lines, you can connect on to the FMC connectors which are available through I2C Mux U44  
- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: I2C interface usage of zc702 board

@gnarahar

Thank you for reply. 

I will prefer the easiest way to communication via my sensor by using I2C interface, on the Zc702 board.

1. If you want to use PMOD J63, implement I2C on any of the bank the J63 PMOD signals connect to. 

I have realized that PMOD1 J63 signals are directly connected to FPGA banks 34 and 35, yet. I think that is the easy one for I2C implementation, right? Can I directly connect the my sensor's SDA to PMOD1_0 and SCL to PMOD1_1, to take place the I2C communication between sensor and zc702 board ? Also I can take the vcc & gnd from this PMOD1 J63 conn. Ok, at this point where can I find the sample or reference SW for I2C comm? 

2. If you want to PS_I2C lines, you can connect on to the FMC connectors which are available through I2C Mux U44.

This I2C mux U44 could be made a little complex the Software side, right ? 

Thank you,

Tags (4)
0 Kudos