UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Init_calib_complete never goes high using VC707 Development Board with ISE 14.6

Jump to solution

Dear Members;

I am tring to use MIG 7 (with axi) and create a mig project using ISE 14.6. 

I like to create the example design and monitor the calibration complete and compare error signals to make sure that I was able to create a design correctly before moving to my custom board. 

However I am having problems with the VC707 MIG design - the init_calibration_done never goes high and I receive phaselock_err = 1 error. 

Instead of copying my settings here, I will write it down how I set up MIG step by step:

• I create a new project in ISE and choose the development board as VC707 and preferred language: Verilog (so that I can add AXI interface)
  • After successfully creating the project, I add a new source from the IP core list -> MIG 7 series

Here are the page by page responses for the MIG tool

1) Create Design, 1 controller, with AXI interface

2) no pin compatible FPGAs

3) Select DDR3 SDRAM

4) Clock period: 2500ps (400 Mhz)

PHY to Controller Clock Ratio: 2:1

Components: SODIMMs

Part: MT8 JTF 128 64Hz - 1G6

Ordering: Normal

5) AXI datawidth: 128

Arbitration Scheme: WRITE_PRIORITY

Narrow Burst Support: 1

ID Width: 4

6) Input Clock period: 5000ps (200Mhz) -> My plan is to directly connect this to the 200 MHZ clock input on VC707

Read Burst Type: Sequential 

Output Driver Impedance Control: RZQ/7

Controller Chip Select Pin: Disable

RTT - On Die Termination: RZQ/6 

7) System Clock: Differential

Reference Clock: Use System Clock

Reset Polarity: Active Low

added debug signals for 1024

IO power reduction = ON

XADC Instantiation= ENABLED

Internal Vref = unchecked

8) DCI Cascade = checked

9) Preexisting Pinout know is fixed, I entered the pin locations from the user guide for VC707. Trying to read from the master ucf doesn't seem to work, I would like to know why.

10) sys_clk is in bank 38 E19/E18(P/N)

NO clk_ref

sys_rst -> no connect

init_calib_complete > no connect

tg_compare_error -> no connect

and click generate.

After the design is generated, I go to the folder -> example_design -> par and run create_ise.bat

which creates the test.xise. Then I start this project and run the place and route. 

I perform the place and route successfully and generate the bitstream. However init_calib_complete never goes high.

When I look at the chipscope, I see that:

pi_phaselock_start and phase_locked_done are 1.

pi_dqsfound_start and pi_dqsfound_done are 1.

pi_dqsfound_fine_adjust_done is 1.

wrlvl_done is 1. 

However

rdlvl_err is 2. 

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Since I am using VC707, I was expecting this to be a little more straightforward.

I also added the ucf file in case it is needed. 

Regards, 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Init_calib_complete never goes high using VC707 Development Board with ISE 14.6

Jump to solution

Hi,

You should be able to download it, check if your browser has issues, please refer last post in the below thread

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/MIG-Memory-Interface-Generator/what-is-the-max-read-write-rate-for-the-DDR3-on-KC705/m-p/420897#M5440

If you cannot I will sent it through mail as to attach here it will be too big.

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Init_calib_complete never goes high using VC707 Development Board with ISE 14.6

Jump to solution

Hi,

The first thing  I would suggest is to check if there is any board issue.

There is a prebuilt board reference design for MIG , please visit below link and search XTP206, under that there is .zip file

http://xgoogle.xilinx.com/search?output=xml_no_dtd&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&client=support&proxystylesheet=support&site=Answers_Docs&filter=0&resultsView=category&tab=bk&num=200&sortBy=date&show_dynamic_navigation=1&sort=date%3AD%3AR%3Ad1&documentClass=Docu...

Main differnce is the deisgn uses Vivado 203.3 but yours seems ISE, you may also find ISE deisgn but it is for 14.4 so I would pefer the latest

Please download the zip and program the board with its bit file.

If the calibration passes then it is your design issue I think you can cross check the changes one by one, MIG settings in terms of terminations etc.,

The other way is check MIG 7 series Hardware debug guide for step by step debug flow and capture the failing signals for investigation on which bit/byte is the failure

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/43879.html

Hope this helps

Reagrds,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I cannot download the pdf files, I can only get the zipped folder. Do you know anywhere else to access to the pdf file with the instructions?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

You should be able to download it, check if your browser has issues, please refer last post in the below thread

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/MIG-Memory-Interface-Generator/what-is-the-max-read-write-rate-for-the-DDR3-on-KC705/m-p/420897#M5440

If you cannot I will sent it through mail as to attach here it will be too big.

Regards,

Vanitha

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Thanks you, very much appreciated.

0 Kudos