UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant rossetta
Participant

KC705 Evaluation Kit & Vivado Design Suite CDs

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a question regarding KC705 Kit parts.

Could it be possible that Vivado Design Suite CDs are not included in the kit package?

If so how would I generate the license key in this case?

I haven't found the CDs in the kit box but according to Xilinx website they should be in it (see attached picture).

Thank you in advance,

Alessandro Rossetta

KC705 - Hw parts.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Historian
Historian

Re: KC705 Evaluation Kit & Vivado Design Suite CDs

Jump to solution

Xilinx software has been way too big to distribute by CD for a long-long time now.

The software needs to be downloaded from the Xilinx website https://www.xilinx.com/support/download.html

The software can be downloaded by anyone (except for certain import restricted countries).

Once you have the software you need a license to use it. There are a number of licenses available, ranging from the free "WebPack" license (which allows you to program smaller devices - not including the device on the KC705) up to a license with all capabilities; both node locked and floating.

In the box you should have a certificate with an authentication code that will let you generate a node-locked and device-locked license for the software. Once you generate this license, the tools will allow you to generate a bitstream for the device that is used on the KC705 board.

Avrum

6 Replies
Historian
Historian

Jump to solution

Xilinx software has been way too big to distribute by CD for a long-long time now.

The software needs to be downloaded from the Xilinx website https://www.xilinx.com/support/download.html

The software can be downloaded by anyone (except for certain import restricted countries).

Once you have the software you need a license to use it. There are a number of licenses available, ranging from the free "WebPack" license (which allows you to program smaller devices - not including the device on the KC705) up to a license with all capabilities; both node locked and floating.

In the box you should have a certificate with an authentication code that will let you generate a node-locked and device-locked license for the software. Once you generate this license, the tools will allow you to generate a bitstream for the device that is used on the KC705 board.

Avrum

Participant rossetta
Participant

Jump to solution

Dear Avrumw,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I think you gave me the answer I was looking for.

I have a second question now: could it be that the certificate you're talking about is directly inside the plastic envelope that contains the K7 board?

Or the certificate should usually be somewhere in the main box?

I have problems in finding it and I do not want to break any seals.

Thanks again,

Alessandro

0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

Jump to solution

I have a second question now: could it be that the certificate you're talking about is directly inside the plastic envelope that contains the K7 board?

Or the certificate should usually be somewhere in the main box?

I'm afraid I don't know. I haven't needed to generate a demo-board specific license in a long time...

Avrum

0 Kudos
Participant rossetta
Participant

Jump to solution

Dear Avrumw,

I broke the seal and there is no certificate inside board's envelope.

Thanks a lot in any case, I will accept your answer as final solution.

Alessandro

0 Kudos
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Jump to solution

Normally there's a license card inside the box (not in the antistatic bag with the board). It looks like the one on this page:

https://store.digilentinc.com/zybo-accessory-kit-recommended-addition-for-the-zybo/

Except that it'll say "Vivado" instead of "SDSoC".

Participant rossetta
Participant

Jump to solution

Dear u4223374,

Thanks for you reply! :)

Alessandro 

0 Kudos