UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer aldopowell
Observer

Pins not connected critical warning

Jump to solution

I have created a block design involving a Zynq 7010 on a Cora Z7 eval board.  My custom block contains signals that need to be routed to the Pmod connectors on the board.  When I validate that design I get the following warning

[BD 41-759] The input pins (listed below) are either not connected or do not have a source port,  and they don't have a tie-off specified. These pins are tied-off to all 0's to avoid error in Implementation flow.
Please check your design and connect them as needed:
/mk5_sampler_0/JA2
/mk5_sampler_0/JB2
/mk5_sampler_0/JA3
/mk5_sampler_0/JB3

How can I make Vivado recognize that these signals are legitimate and are not to be tied off?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer aldopowell
Observer

Re: Pins not connected critical warning

Jump to solution

I have resolved the current issue.  I failed to create the ports at the top level of the block diagram.  Now that I have included these ports at this level I do not get this warning.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @aldopowell,

Please check the below AR and see if it helps

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/63035.html

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

If those signals need to be connected to the Pmod pins on the board, then you are getting a valid critical warning.  To fix the critical warning, all you need to do is route the signals to the top-level of your design so that they can be connected to the proper pins in your XDF file.

Ted Booth - Tech. Lead FPGA Design Engineer
www.designlinxhs.com
0 Kudos
Observer aldopowell
Observer

Jump to solution

The signals are at the top level of the AXI IP block that I created.  Are you referring to a wrapper that contains this block plus the Zynq7, AXI interconnect and processor system reset blocks?

0 Kudos
Observer aldopowell
Observer

Jump to solution

I have resolved the current issue.  I failed to create the ports at the top level of the block diagram.  Now that I have included these ports at this level I do not get this warning.  Thanks.

0 Kudos