UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor xi98pisa
Visitor

Problem with programming of my VC707

Hello everyone,

i recently started using a VC707 evaluation Board. I did some example projects like flashing LED´s and stuff. I used VIVADO and wrote the Bitstream to the VC707. Everything worked so far but since yesterday i have a Problem.

If i start the VC707 all Status LED´s are lid but when i open the Hardware session i get this massage:

"INFO: [Labtools 27-1435] Device XC7VX485T (JTAG device index = 0) is not programmed (DONE status = 0)."

When i try to write the bit file to the VC707 the status LED "TI" turns off and i get this message:

"WARNING: [Labtools 27-33] Done pin status: LOW"

"refresh_hw_device [lindex [get_hw_devices] 0]
INFO: [Labtools 27-1435] Device XC7VX485T (JTAG device index = 0) is not programmed (DONE status = 0)."

How can i solve this problem, so i can use my VC707 again?

Thanks in Advance

P.S. Pictures of the VC707 are in the Attachment

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Problem with programming of my VC707

@xi98pisa Try going through this Debug checklist and see if it resolves your issue

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/51233.html

When and from whom did you buy this board from?

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor xi98pisa
Visitor

@gnarahar

I already went through the debug checklist, the problem is still there. The debug list mentioned a problem with the Powersupply but to resolve this you need to buy the USB Interface Adapter from TI. Is there any other possible solution for this problem?

The board was bought in 2014, i dont know where. My chair at the university bought it.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@xi98pisa I missed your PDF attachment earlier. I see the TI LED (DS17) is OFF. As per checklist ,"If these LEDs above are not lit at power-on, you may need to reprogram the TI Power Controllers on your board". 

Is there any other possible solution for this problem?

I don't think so. I would however say that the TI USB Interface Adapter would be a good investment to spend in since you could use it down the line to monitor your rails , current consumption etc. too

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor xi98pisa
Visitor

@gnarahar

thank you for your response. I will discuss this oppertunity with my supervisor.

I found that it is possible to get a discount for the adapter if you own the VC707 Board. Unfortunatly the sheet with this information is lost. Is there any chance to get the discount anyway?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@xi98pisa I wouldn't be able to comment on the discount part but it would be worth contacting the distributor from whom you bought this board to see if they can help. 

- Giri
0 Kudos