UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Regarding GTH transcievers on Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC ZCU104 Evaluation Kit

Jump to solution

Dear All, 

I was wondering to buy some ZCU104 evaluation kits. I checked the schematic of the board and noticed that unfortunately most of the dedicated pins to GTH transceiver are left unconnected and only one GTH hard pin is connected to FMC LPC connector. The price of this board is really suitable for us and since in our application we need at least 8 of them connected, I ask this question that is this possible to connect general pins connected to FMC LPC connector to Aurora IPs (GTH transceiver)? if yes what are the references provided to do that. If it is not possible what are the reasons? Could anyone give me please some information regarding above mention issues. 

Thank you in advance, 
Farnam 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Regarding GTH transcievers on Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC ZCU104 Evaluation Kit

Jump to solution

Hi!

I think this is due to ZCU104 target place.
ZCU106 has FMC HPC expansion connector with 8 GTH but it cost twice more.

I'm absolutely agree that HPC (8xGTH) instead of LPC(1xGTH) (and also nvme/usb/sata capabilities instead of sata-only on m.2 connector) will be definitely better for ZCU104. But this is just a dream for rev 2.0.

4 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Regarding GTH transcievers on Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC ZCU104 Evaluation Kit

Jump to solution

Hi!

I think this is due to ZCU104 target place.
ZCU106 has FMC HPC expansion connector with 8 GTH but it cost twice more.

I'm absolutely agree that HPC (8xGTH) instead of LPC(1xGTH) (and also nvme/usb/sata capabilities instead of sata-only on m.2 connector) will be definitely better for ZCU104. But this is just a dream for rev 2.0.

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi @toshas

Thank you for your reply. Could you if you know give us please a link to the technical documents regarding the HPC/LPC standards? 

Regards,
Farnam

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi!

HPC/LPC is based on VITA 57.1 FMC Standard

https://www.samtec.com/standards/vita/fmc

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Dear @toshas

Thank you for the given time you spend to my question. This link definitely would be useful for me.  

Best regards,
Farnam

0 Kudos