UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie akhoury

SP605 DS3 and DS4 lights on - Possible boot loop?

Hi,

I recently flashed the SP605 with a simple firmware using the ISE Design Suite through Virtual Box. The first flash I did, the card worked fine and was recognized by Windows as an ethernet controller device. The second re-flash after taking the card back out and then flashing, then putting it back in, I accidentally touched the metal bracket on PCI card on a trace on the motherboard which caused a spark, and a small zap sound. The PC immediately shut off when this happened, but the SP605 remained on. So I just put the card back in the PCI-E slot and booted up Windows. This time nothing showed up in Device Manager, or any other programs which query the PCI bus (pcitree, pciz, etc.). So I went to go re-flash again. I did it the same way, following documentation and triple checking my jumpers and DIP switches. The flash was successful. However, now the DP3 and DP4 lights are both on, and the card remains very hot when powered on. I have tried reflashing now several times, and nothing changes. This is all without changing the simple firmware and after regenerating a stock IP core. The card will just not show up in the PCI bus anymore. 

Have I bricked my card? Has anyone else experienced this?

Any help or comments would be appreciated. 

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SP605 DS3 and DS4 lights on - Possible boot loop?

Hi @akhoury

Go through debug checklist provided for SP605 board at https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/40399.html

This may help you, to recognize issue with your board.

Regards,

Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Bhushan

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos