UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant canonind
Participant

Setting HP Bank Voltage of the ZCU102 for a MIPI CSI2 application

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using the MIPI_DPHY_DCI I/O Standard on the pins for my application. From table 1-77 of UG571, it is seen that the VCCO voltage needs to be 1.2V. By default the board has 1.8V, so I need to change it. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66811.html suggests to do it it with the MAXPOWERTOOL002# dongle. Problem is, I don't have it.

So the second option for me is to set it through I2C. Questions at this point:

1) Is it doable through the PS I2C

2) Is it recommended or is it too risky? I don't want do damage the board obviously.

Here is the chain from the schematic:

1.png

3) How is the flow to talk to 0x18? I ll talk to 0x75 first to select the 3rd output. But how can I talk to 0x18 afterwards?

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Participant canonind
Participant

Re: Setting HP Bank Voltage of the ZCU102 for a MIPI CSI2 application

Jump to solution

Ok following the solution posted here, I am able to set the voltage to 1.2 V now.

https://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/board/crawl_message?board.id=CNFG&message.id=6453

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @canonind

Which board you are using? Is it Xilinx proprietary board or Custom Board?

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant canonind
Participant

Jump to solution

It is the Xilinx ZCU102 Evaluation board.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@canonind Since you are referring to VADJ_FMC rail, I believe you are plugging in an FMC card. Doesn't the FMC card you plugging in have the EEPROM that tells the system controller on ZCU102 to set VADJ_FMC to the required voltage i.e. 1.2V in your case?

If it doesn't, you can set it manually using the System Controller GUI instructions available here . Check the FMC tab

This is the easier method instead of you trying to do the I2C read/write for which you will need to refer to maxim's website for the I2C register set for the MAX15301 (0x18) regulator 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Just an observation, but the Maxim MAXPOWERTOOL is cheap (or free if you can get a sample) compared to the price of a ZCU-102. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Good Point @bruce_karaffa. Missed mentioning about the Maxim Dongle. 

@canonind Since you have the ZCU102, check this AR to get the Maxim Dongle "Free of Charge"

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62629.html

You can set the VADJ_FMC from the SCUI I mentioned earlier as well but do order the Maxim Dongle to use it for later if need be. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Participant canonind
Participant

Jump to solution

@gnarahar OK, but how does the FMC assume that I am doing MIPI? Is 1.2V the only applicable I/O Standard for FMC applications?

Following the link you provided, I see that the tool is of version 2017.4 and it asks the Vivado path. I have Vivado 2018.1. 

And when I run commands (get some clock freq or blink LEDs), it fails saying that it can not communicate with the board:

[ERROR : Fri, 13, Jul 2018 13:45:03] Error in waitingforoccurance
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "testthread.py", line 245, in waitforoccurance
File "Queue.py", line 176, in get
Empty
[ERROR : Fri, 13, Jul 2018 13:45:03] Timeout reached while waiting for occurance
[ERROR : Fri, 13, Jul 2018 13:45:03] The serial port does not seem to be responding...
Is the board on?

I saw in the AR69640, 2016.4 tools need to be run for my version of the board. Is there a way to download SCUI 2016.4?

Thanks for the link with the free dongle. There appears to be a problem with the MAXIM website.

0 Kudos
Participant canonind
Participant

Jump to solution

Ok following the solution posted here, I am able to set the voltage to 1.2 V now.

https://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/board/crawl_message?board.id=CNFG&message.id=6453

0 Kudos