UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant lordcape
Participant

Simulate DDR3 signals with ZYNQ and MT41J128M16JT

Hi. I'm starting with DDR3 designs and I decided to make some simulation first. I have the IBIS models of ZYNQ and MT41J128M16JT and I'm using Hyperlynx to simulate. I was looking a ZYNQ design from Digilent called ZyBo. I get the schematic and try to reproduce the DDR3 part to simulate signal integrity with Hyperlynx Line sim 8.0. For example, I started with Adress signals. In the schematic, the connection is like the one in the first picture.

adrres ddr3.png

I made my model in Hyperlynx linesim:

linesim ddr3.png

I set the TL to 40 Ohms because the ZyBo manual says. The model I'm using to ZYNQ is SSTL15_S_PSDDR, according to Xilinx specifications in this AR http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/46871.html. I simulate for a frequency of 525MHz (Maximum frequency supported by ZyBo) and I get this eye pattern:

ddr simulation.png

I'm writing this post because I think that I'm doing something wrong. The waveform is very distorted in my opinion. I can't believe that the ZyBo DDR3 has this poor signal integrity. Or this is a possible waveform? Can someone help me with this? Thanks

Santi

0 Kudos