UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie moejoehh

Spartan 3A Evaluation Kit - USB Cable Driver Problems

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get the USB-Cable running, but up to now I failed. I am using vista x64 business edition. I have installed the ISE 9.1i Foundation. When I plug in the Board via USB cable Windows can't find an appropriate USB-driver.

In the device manager is the device "Avnet_Sp3A_Demo" but with the yellow exclamation mark, indicating, that something is not properly installed. In a XP-virtual machineI got it running, but always starting a virtual machine to program the FPGA is a bit annoying, as you can imagine.

Do you have any suggestions, where to get the correct driver for the board? 

Thank you very much for your answers!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Newbie moejoehh

Re: Spartan 3A Evaluation Kit - USB Cable Driver Problems

Jump to solution

Hi,

I solved the problem by installing  AVProg which is containing the required drivers.

Cheers,

Moe

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Newbie moejoehh

Jump to solution

Hi,

I solved the problem by installing  AVProg which is containing the required drivers.

Cheers,

Moe

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

Moe,

I'm glad you were able to resolve this.  In case you haven't been there already, I would highly recommend you go to this board's support page, which is www.em.avnet.com/spartan3a-evl --> Support Files & Downloads.  You can also find a number of useful answers for this board on its forum at http://groups.google.com/group/avnet-spartan-3a-eval-kit.

Bryan

0 Kudos
Newbie skargas

Jump to solution

Hello,

Unfortunattely "AvProg_v405_setup" does not support drivers, first thing I did was to read the documention but no luck. If you have any other solution please let me now.

Regards

0 Kudos