UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

VGA Cable turning the USB off

Hi

I'm trying to learn how to do VGA Output on ZedBoard, but I'm struggling with a very weird problem.

The tutorial I'm following is this one http://blog.dev-flow.com/en/11-create-a-vga-controller-for-the-zedboard/

The problem I'm having is that when I try to connect both the VGA cable and my USB cable for programming the device in the Hardware Manager, the USB Cable keeps connecting and disconnecting. I also tried to unplug the VGA, program the device, unplug the USB then plug the VGA in the monitor but nothing happens on the screen.

If someone have any suggestion, i'll be very thankful.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: VGA Cable turning the USB off

Hi @tiago0297,

It looks like an issue with your Zedboard. In the design, there is no relationship between the VGA and the HW manager.

PS: I wrote this tutorial. You will find a newer version in my Video Series 1 ;)

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos