UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer cdvervesemi
Observer

VIvado With AC701

Jump to solution

Hi All,

We bought a AC701 board.

The Vivado dvd with the board has 2015.1 Design suite.

Why older version is given with board?

Is it ok if I download latest version of vivado from web and use the same license?

Thanks

Chinmaya

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: VIvado With AC701

Jump to solution

Vivado projects are not guaranteed to be compatible across versions; if you take a project built under 2015.1 it might not work correctly (it might not even open correctly) under a newer version. All the AC701 examples are done with 2015.1, so I'd start with that for getting the board up and running.

Once you know what you're doing (ie no need for the examples), go ahead and install 2018.1 as well. The different versions won't interfere with each other.

Edit: no need for a license, the free version of Vivado (WebPack) supports the AC701.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Jump to solution

Vivado projects are not guaranteed to be compatible across versions; if you take a project built under 2015.1 it might not work correctly (it might not even open correctly) under a newer version. All the AC701 examples are done with 2015.1, so I'd start with that for getting the board up and running.

Once you know what you're doing (ie no need for the examples), go ahead and install 2018.1 as well. The different versions won't interfere with each other.

Edit: no need for a license, the free version of Vivado (WebPack) supports the AC701.

0 Kudos
Observer cdvervesemi
Observer

Jump to solution
Thank you.
0 Kudos