UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant david.mcdaniel
Participant

Vivado not recognizing development boards when creating a new project

I am working with Vivado 2018.3.1, and am attempting to creat a new design using a Zilinx development board (ZCU1275).  Even though I see it in the listing and select it, the project is being created using a part that is not on the board.

So I try to create a new project with a different board altogether, (ZCU1111) and sure enough, the same incorrect part is selected (a Virtex 7 device).

I then discovered that if you "first" go down to the board listing showing all the boards and select the blue link that takes you to the web site giving you info on that board, "then" go back and select the same board from the drop-down list in the "Name" box, the project is created with the correct part (huh)?

By the way, if you click on the link for information on the ZCU1275, you are taken to a "not known" page.  It turns out, in the "board.xml" file contained within the ZCU1275 board files, line 2 in the code calls out a url "www.xilinx.com/zcu1254" and not "www.xilinx.com/zcu1275".  fixing this gets you to the proper page for the ZCU1275.

Please let me know what is happening with the board selection interface when creating new projects.

Thanks.

2 Replies

Re: Vivado not recognizing development boards when creating a new project

Hello @david.mcdaniel 

Yes looks like this is a mistake within board files.

Let me check this internally and get back to you on this.

Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Participant david.mcdaniel
Participant

Re: Vivado not recognizing development boards when creating a new project

kvasantr,

I really do appreciate your excellent support through these forums.  I cannot emphasize enough how valuable your support has been.

Dave