UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZC702 HDMI Output Verilog

Hello,

ZC702 Board.  I have some script go generate test images for VGA output.  This works.

I am trying to use the ZC702 board for an HDMI output for a first step of the project, However some issues with I2C and configuring device.  I attache my I2C Controller and Config files.  Also the simulation.  Really not clear to my why this is not working.  I also attach my test bench snippet, and the actual test bench for HDMI ADV7511 Configuration from Application note 1270 with the I2C writes.

Some general questions:

Why does ZC702 documentation say one set of addresses  and the PCA9548 has another set of addresses.  

Should my aknowledge cycle be 1'b1 or 1'bz on the SDA line? I see some conflicting information here. 

Is clock stretching OK?  as you can see in my snippet there is some delay in the CLK while waiting for acknowledge.

Any other issues ?

Thanks,

I2C_Data.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: ZC702 HDMI Output Verilog

Also, wanted to comment: 

Why does ZC702 documentation have 9 addresses for an 8 switch device?:  I2C Address is 0x74 but there is listed 8 other channels for each other device.

PCA9548 docs have another set of addresses for writing to PCA9548 I2C (Table 1 section 9.6 of documentation, 8 channels 0x70-0x77)  In this documentation 0x74 is channel 5.  This is the discrepency i was referring to.

0 Kudos