UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor karan_gadhia
Visitor

ZC706 Evaluation board compatibility with vivado 2019.1

Jump to solution

I wanted to know if the zc706 eval board is compatible with vivado 2019.1 or I have to use 2015.4 only.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ZC706 Evaluation board compatibility with vivado 2019.1

Jump to solution

Hi @karan_gadhia ,

Yes it is supported in 2019.1.   

1.JPG

ZC706 Board revsion 1.1

Regards,

Deepak D N

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please reply or give kudo or Accept as a Solution.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @karan_gadhia ,

Yes it is supported in 2019.1.   

1.JPG

ZC706 Board revsion 1.1

Regards,

Deepak D N

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please reply or give kudo or Accept as a Solution.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visitor karan_gadhia
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for confirming the compatibility. The reason I asked this question is because the "Welcome Letter" I received within the ZC706 Evaluation kit mentioned that the device was frozen with the release of Vivado 2015.4. Do you have any comments on why that was specifically mentioned?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @karan_gadhia ,

All the example designs are tested and last updated with respect to Vivado 2015.4. And to get better experience xilin recommmends to follow recommeded vivado version. thats the reason it has been mentioned like that.

For example: If you are following any example design steps and you came across customizing IP then in Newer version of vivado that IP might have extra fetures that you need to take care, which might effect the expected results of example design.

Refer this link https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Evaluation-Boards/ZC706-ok-with-2016-2-or-frozen-at-2015-4/td-p/725260 which helps you.

Regards,

Deepak D N

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please reply or give Kudo or Accept as a Solution.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------