UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor ram14
Visitor

ZCU102 USB-JTAG vs Xilinx Platform Cable

Hi All, I have a query on flashing/debugging zcu102 board. There are two options to flash from host pc either through USB-JTAG connection(Micro USB Cable) or direct JTAG (Xilinx Platform Cable). I know both can be used for flashing the bit files and debugging. Is there any specific difference between those two in functionality wise or in usage?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: ZCU102 USB-JTAG vs Xilinx Platform Cable

Not really. The built-in USB-JTAG has all the same features as a Platform Cable USB II, except for the ones that would be irrelevant for the ZCU102 (eg. the ability to talk to 5V devices).

Visitor ram14
Visitor

Thanks for the response. I would like to add one more point that, during the production instead of adding USB-JTAG to every board we can use platform cable to flash or debug. Please correct me if I m wrong.

0 Kudos
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Yes, that's how it would normally be done. Your own board just needs a JTAG header where you can plug in the Platform Cable USB II. Either you can use the same plug that Xilinx provides, or if that's inconvenient (eg. too large) then you can fit a smaller plug and build an adaptor to fit that.

0 Kudos