UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

ZCU102 debug failure on new board

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to debug some working code on a new-out-the-box ZCU102.  I've tried a standalone application that works on other ZCU102s we have (all rev1.1) and the standalone hello world built completely new.  I've run the built in self-tests and the board seems fine.  The PL programs and the debugger seems to work fine (pause/resume works in the start up ARM code), but it is like the program is not being loaded.  It does not get as far as pausing at program entry giving a bracnching to the SynchronousInterruptHandler without actually getting there (according to a break point).  The are no errors in the SDK log I can see.

The only thing I can see that may affect different ZCU102s of the same revision is AR #71961 (which is about a new SODIMM chip), but as I understand it building everything with SDK 2018.3 (which I'm doing, HW platform, BSP and application) should fix/bypass this.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ZCU102 debug failure on new board

Jump to solution

Hello @tayloral,

Yes, your understanding is correct. 

ZCU102 Evaluation Kits labeled 0432055-01 through 0432055-04 are shipped with SODIMM MTA8ATF51264HZ-2G6B1 while ZCU102 Evaluation Kits labeled 0432055-05 onward are shipping with SODIMM MTA4ATF51264HZ-2G6E1. You need to change the PCW IP settings according to the new DIMM parameters. 

Please find the DDR setting for New DIMM:

MTA4ATF51264HZ-2G6E1.jpg

Hope this information will help you. If not, please perform  XTP428 - ZCU102 Board Interface Test (v10.0) and XTP431 - ZCU102 IPI Tutorial (v9.0) and share the results with us.

Regards,

Naveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi tayloral,

It could also be related to this:
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66882.html

Thanks,
Andres

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Thanks for that, I don't think it's that issue, the LEDs D3-13 are on and stable (cycled power a few times).

I tried using a known good Petaliux build and it worked fine.  On this build I was able to debug a Linux application and debugging seemed to work without issues (run, pause, step all ok).

I guess System Debugger on Linux uses the TCF Agent and for standalone is over JTAG and hw_server.  Is this correct?  There is a quality test sticker by the JTAG that looks very old for a new board, are these (chips) recycled?  There is also a bit of sticker on the Ethernet adapter (see attached image).  To the best of my knowlege the board is not refurbished.IMG_20190226_080223.jpg

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @tayloral,

Yes, your understanding is correct. 

ZCU102 Evaluation Kits labeled 0432055-01 through 0432055-04 are shipped with SODIMM MTA8ATF51264HZ-2G6B1 while ZCU102 Evaluation Kits labeled 0432055-05 onward are shipping with SODIMM MTA4ATF51264HZ-2G6E1. You need to change the PCW IP settings according to the new DIMM parameters. 

Please find the DDR setting for New DIMM:

MTA4ATF51264HZ-2G6E1.jpg

Hope this information will help you. If not, please perform  XTP428 - ZCU102 Board Interface Test (v10.0) and XTP431 - ZCU102 IPI Tutorial (v9.0) and share the results with us.

Regards,

Naveen

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Sorry for the delay in replying, was busy with other things.  The solution provided by @nmanitri worked.  The new board now behaves as the old one does.

Thanks