UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer viitk99
Observer

ZCU102 firmware not updating

Hello,

I have ZCU102 board with firmware timestamp May 17 2017. I am able to use old SCUI-es2-2017-2 to read and update the different parameters. 

But as mentioned in XTP433 I need to update the firmware on ZC102 as it has time stamp before Jul 5 2017.

I am using windows 10 and have path to vivado 2018.2  and vivado 2017.4 in BIT.exe. While trying to update using the method from XTP433 (BIT.exe) my test failed in step 3 and terminated after that. 

Here are the steps I followed:

1) Updated the file firmware_flash_gui_070517.bat to match the port name listed in device manager as:

:: Note: change the "CP201x" to match what your driver names the ports, e.g. CP2105, CP2108, or CP210x.
@ECHO OFF
cd bat
MSP_BSL_Flasher.exe -f "..\elf\MSP_code_070517.txt" -c "Silicon Labs Quad CP2108 USB to UART Bridge: Interface 0" -v -p

2) Updated lines 16 and 56 in ../flash_restore/tests/ZC102/defaults.json to match the port name listed in device manager as:

Silicon Labs Quad CP2108 USB to UART Bridge: Interface 3

3) Ran application BIT.exe and clicked on SYS_CTRL v1.50 RESTORE, followed the instructions. I am getting the following error:

Error: Could not find regular expression in step 0 of test 0 - "(.*)MSP v1.50 I2C Bridge v1.50(.*)"

Info: Result for step 0: Fail
Info: Result for step 1: Pass
Info: Result for step 2: Pass
Info: Result for step 3: Pass
Info: Result for step 4: Pass
Info: Result for step 5: Pass

Info: Result for step 6: Fail

I have attached the logfile with this question. Can you please suggest how can I update the firmware.I have got till this point by following various discussions on the forum. But now I have no idea what to do next.

I have also observed that the it is not always that the update fails on step 6. Even after updating the .bat and .json file the update fails most of the times on step 0 (terminates immediately) and sometimes step 3.

It is just sometimes that the update reaches step six as seen in the log file.

I am stuck with this problem for almost 5-6 days now. I will really appreciate if someone can help me update the firmware asap. 

- VK

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ZCU102 firmware not updating

Hi @viitk99,

One of the user followed the below steps. Check if this works for you.
Check the windows device manager what port it reports.

For example Silicon Labs Quad CP2108 USB to UART Bridge: Interface 0", while firmware_flash_gui_070517.bat use the name Silicon Labs Quad CP2108x USB to UART Bridge: Interface 0"

- Fix?: just open that bat file and change x into 8 or any newer device id that your device manager report.

If it fixes the issue then please let us know.

Regards,

Deepak D N

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Reply or Give Kudos or Mark it as an Accepted Solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Observer viitk99
Observer

@ddn

Thank you for your suggestion. 

I have tried making changes in the .bat file again as per your suggestion.

But it has not solved my problem. My update still fails at step 3 or step 6 along with Step 0.

Thank you,

Vinit

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @viitk99,

Please go through this AR#69640, which ensure a reliable connection to the ZCU102 System Controller GUI.

I believe till Step 2 in that AR#69640 there is no issue. Please confirm me the same. If there is a issue please follow Step 1 details.

If the date is 5/17 or earlier, then the 2016.4 version of the System Controller GUI should be used with this board.

I observed that your date May 17 2017,  So please load the 2016.4 version of the System Controller GUI on to the board. Please share your results.

Regards,

Deepak D N

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Reply or give kudos or Mark it as an Accepted Solution.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer viitk99
Observer

Hello @ddn,

Thank you for the reply.

I am able to use 2016.4 version of the System Controller GUI and set the required voltages on the board. 

I want to use XM105 (Debugger card) for testing with ZCU105. But before using SCUI (2016.4) the VADJ LED on the XM105 is not ON. 

I am planning to follow the following steps for my testing:

1. Connect XM105 to ZCU102.

2. Connect UART and JTAG USB cables between ZCU102 and PC.

3. Power ON ZCU102 (VADJ LED on XM105 is OFF).

4. Run SCUI 2016.4 and set VADJ to 1.8V.

5. Program ZCU102 through Vivado for testing.

6. Observe the test outputs on XM105 IO pins. 

Please correct me if I am missing anything or not using a correct procedure for testing.

Also, I would like to use the latest firmware and update ZCU102. Can someone suggest a way to do that. I have am still stuck on failed Step 6.

Thank you,

Vinit

0 Kudos
Observer wei_lan
Observer

捕获.PNG

1. remove the two jumpers

2.restart the ZCU102 Board

3.click "OK"

0 Kudos