UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor jpsmith888
Visitor

ZCU111_list_ports not working

Jump to solution

Hi,

Forgive me I am new to the FPGA/SoC world! I am trying to set up my ZCU111 eval board. I ran the built in self test and everything operated as expected but now I am trying to connect to my computer and am having issues with getting the COM ports. I am following XTP518 with the RDF0469 System Controller GUI zip file. I installed the FTDI CMD drivers. I am running >> cd C:\zcu111_bit zcu111_list_ports.bat and no COM ports are showing up? (See attached screenshot). I then went to edit the system controller programming BAT file 

>> C:\zcu111_bit\tests\ZCU111\bat\msp_flash\Firmware_flash_gui.bat

to match the B port number (which I guessed was COM07) as detailed in XTP5111. But this gives a bunch of missing/cannot find COM port errors when I try to run it.

I am running Windows 10 home version 1803 build 17134.523. Is there a work around here? I did some poking around in the devices settings, looked at the com ports, etc. and couldn't find anything obviously wrong. Huge thank you in advance for any help.

Tags (3)
ComError.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ZCU111_list_ports not working

Jump to solution

Hello,

The Accepted Solution in the following post also works for ZCU111: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Evaluation-Boards/ZCU104-COM-Ports-Failed-Software-Install-Failed-Board-Interface/m-p/878039#M18753

The author of the XTP and associated files has also been contacted to understand why the format in the .bat script does not enumerate the ports, but changing the format works.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ZCU111_list_ports not working

Jump to solution

Hello,

The Accepted Solution in the following post also works for ZCU111: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Evaluation-Boards/ZCU104-COM-Ports-Failed-Software-Install-Failed-Board-Interface/m-p/878039#M18753

The author of the XTP and associated files has also been contacted to understand why the format in the .bat script does not enumerate the ports, but changing the format works.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.