UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor solidum_v
Visitor

Zynq UltraScale+ ZCU102 MPSoC UART interface cannot connect properly?

Hi All,

I seem to be having problems with UART interface that interacts with the MPSoC. When following the System Controller GUI Tutorial (XTP433), I can not seem to connect to the MP. The baud rate is set to 115200. When trying to set the Si5328 Frequency, the software timesout and cannot set it. Also, I tried using the GUI to just get status but again it timesout. It looks like that interface has a problem because when I did other tutorials that uses the other interfaces, the computer and the ZCU102 board seem to communicate properly. I am not sure what may be the issue here. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Victor 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Visitor solidum_v
Visitor

Re: Zynq UltraScale+ ZCU102 MPSoC UART interface cannot connect properly?

I should also note that when running the Board Interface Test (XTP428), all tests pass except for the ZCU102 RTC test which I believe is part of the MPSoC UART interface. 

0 Kudos
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

The UART lite is usually configured to 9600 - and there are 4 different COM ports created, two on the PS side and two on the PL side.
See page 51 on
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zcu102/ug1182-zcu102-eval-bd.pdf

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
comports.PNG
0 Kudos
Visitor solidum_v
Visitor

If you look at the software install and board setup document (p. 14) it says to change the baud rate to 115200: 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zcu102/2017_2/xtp435-zcu102-setup-es2-2017-2.pdf

I have actually also tried 9600 as a baud rate and still the software times out. It only seems that UART connection to the MSP430 is having trouble connecting.

0 Kudos
Visitor dtesone
Visitor

Just curious if you (or anyone else) were ever able to find a solution?  I am finding myself in the same situation. Running the Board Interface Test, everything passes except for the RTC.

0 Kudos

Hello @dtesone,

Can you please post the screenshot of your device manager ?

driver.PNG

Your drivers should like above snapshot.

Please confirm if your drivers are updated.

Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @dtesone

I had the same problem with the RTC test. What I did and worked was to apply the AR# 68251 to the following file:

C:\zcu102_bit\test\ZCU102\defaults.json which is the one used by Bit.exe.

In my case in the Windows Device Manager the CP210x driver was shown as:

"Silicon Labs Dual CP2108 USB to UART Bridge: Interface 0 (COM11)"

"Silicon Labs Dual CP2108 USB to UART Bridge: Interface 1 (COM10)"

"Silicon Labs Dual CP2108 USB to UART Bridge: Interface 2 (COM9)" 

etc.

So I've replaced in the defaults.json file the reference to CP210x with the CP2108.  After that the RTC test passed.

PS: I use the latest BIT files i.e. rdf0377-zcu102-bit-c-2017-2.zip on Win7 PC

0 Kudos