UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor ppoojac
Visitor

fpga clock generation

hello,

I need to generate clock  using fpga with frequency according to me, ie. i just want to devide frequency of clock  already present in board.I am able to do it using xilinx artix-35T fpga , but I am not able to do it using kintex-7 evaluation board. there are many SMAconnector  provided in board. so please can anyone suggest me! how to proceed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: fpga clock generation

hi @ppoojac ,

Are you providing input clock from any external system like function generator? 

If you are planning to use the system clock in KC705, you can simply use a clocking wizard. 

If you want to provide an external clock through SMA connectors that is also posible I think. 

Changing FPGA from artix-7 to kintex-7 may not affect the logic. The change will be at IP core configuration and pin mappings. 

Regards,

Reshma 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Visitor ppoojac
Visitor

thankyou,

I want to use the onboard clock as input and take the output clock from SMA. I am using vivado software for programming. I am not able to assign SMA as an output port. you are right logic will be the same only pin mapping will be different. I am not able to map pin. is it possible to take the output from SMA? how can I assign? 

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

Please check the following link.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Other-FPGA-Architectures/KC705-GPIO-SMA-Connectors/td-p/777259

Regards,

Reshma 

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

0 Kudos