UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor aminb
Visitor

iic microblaze

hi all

can anybody give me a code for sending and writing data via iic using microblaze plz?.

thanx

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: iic microblaze

If you're looking for help with a software interface to your hardware, you'll have to be more specific. What are you using to interface to your IIC bus, besides the Microblaze? What type of interface are you looking for? Do you have a single IIC device you're talking to or do you want a generic IIC interface for talking to any type of device? Are you targetting a specific Xilinx development board?

For IIC newbies, most IIC peripherals are terribly documented and horrible to work with. Every device has a data sheet that redefines the IIC comm spec, which is unnecessary, and then contains some vaguely written interface that requires at least 3 readings to understand how an external user is supposed to communicate with the device's registers.

Tags (3)
Instructor
Instructor

You might want to search the Embeded Processing and EDK and Platform Studio forums for "IIC" or "I2C",

since this is really a MicroBlaze-related question, and it's probably been answered before...

-- Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Visitor aminb
Visitor

Dear Morphiend

thanx for your answer.

I am working with Spartan 3a dsp3400 board.

I am familiar with iic.

I read the API documentation for iic.

but i now use from xilinx codes which are presented with xilinx Inc. but these codes dont respond correctly.

can you help me if i tell you the details of my design?please?

Dear Gabor

thanx for your answer.

I have no problem with EDK. I am completely familiar with EDK.

I cant find the answers which you said. please guide me to find the answers

0 Kudos
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

I cant find the answers which you said. please guide me to find the answers

This thread request seems similar to yours.  Several helpful links are there for you.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos