UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor muk@01
Visitor

signal connection issues on FMC Connector.

Hi All,

I am going to use KC705 fpga and i will use FMC HPC connector. Now the problem is the connector (HPC) having differential 

signal and i want to connect single ended signal.

So my question is shall i connect two single ended signal in one pair of differential signal.Or One pair i will connect one single ended signal and other have to grounded. What will be the connection details.

For Exp :At J22 connector E6 and E7 one pair of diff. signal,in that may i connect two  single  ended signal or have to connect one single ended signal at E6 and E7 have to connect Ground.

Please help me to understand that.

Thanks & Regards,

Kuntal 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Observer nuelle85
Observer

Re: signal connection issues on FMC Connector.

The FMC HPC connector itself has 160 user data signals and 40 gigabit data signals with corresponding clock signals. User data signals can be single-ended OR differential, gigabit data signals must be differential pairs.

I guess you want to use the user data signals, because you mentioned Pin E6 (HA05_P) and E7 (HA05_N). Simply connect your single-ended signal to one of these pins and left others floating. Take care of correct IO-voltage of the corresponding FPGA bank!

Useful reference:

FMC HPC Pinout

Tags (2)
Visitor muk@01
Visitor

Thanks For your reply. For 3.3v IO voltage which Bank should I select. Please help me.

Also if you have any documents on IO Voltage of the corresponding FPGA Bank. Please send me.

Regards,

Kuntal

0 Kudos

muk@01 The FMC connector pins are connected to Banks whose VCCO voltage is VADJ which can be set between 1.8V to 3.3V. So you can connect to any of the Bank which is connected to FMC HPC connector and then set VADJ to 3.3V 

Check this section from KC705 User Guide to set VADJ

Also if you have any documents on IO Voltage of the corresponding FPGA Bank. Please send me.

HP banks support a Maximum VCCO of 1.8V while HR Banks support upto  3.3V. 

Check UG475 that will list which device has how many HP and HR Banks. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor muk@01
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for your support.

Its helping me a lot.

Regards,

Kuntal

0 Kudos