UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

vc707 boot from BPI flash with microblaze running

Greetings. Using Vivado 2014.4 here on a vc707 fmc board. I cannot get my vc707 to boot my design from BPI flash AND have it run the microblaze software. I can tell that the non-microblaze HDL is booting fine based off of blinking LEDs, but I don't see any UART prints or SW specific LEDs from my Microblaze code.

The entire system works fine if I program via non-volatile means (hardware manager and SDK debugger).

Can someone review these high level steps and let me know if this is correct or if I am missing anything?

1) Change linker script to target BRAM ctrl for all code sections.

2) Build SW, add *.ELF back into Vivado as a design source.

3) In Vivado, right click ELF file -> Associate -> Change microblaze associated elf file from bootloop to my *.elf file

4) Tools -> Edit Device Properties -> Change all associated fields to match the settings from the Example Multiboot project

5) Regenerate bit file.

6) Use this TCL command to generate an *.mcs: write_cfgmem -format mcs -interface bpix16 -size 128 -loadbit "up 0x0 myproj.bit" -file myproj.mcs (Using the *.bit file that was generated in the impl_1 directory.

7) Set board SW11 to "00010"

8) Use hardware manager to add the configuration memory and load it.

I've read through this guide and I believe I am doing everything: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_1/ug908-vivado-programming-debugging.pdf

0 Kudos