UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer josecm
Observer

vcu1525 status leds

Hello, I've been trying to use the status leds (DS3) visible through a cut-out in the PCIe end bracket IN A VCU1525 to get some feedback. However, I've not had any success. I've believed the design is being correctly programmed in the device as the driver recognizes de PCIe device with the configured device and vendor ids. In desperation I've tried to apply a constant high value to the pins related to these leds (BA20, BB21, BC21) to see if the leds will be always on or off (depending if they're active low or high), but the yellow leds is constant, the green one is blinking and the red one is turned off. Below I show the block design an io assignment for this test. What I'm doing wrong? I'm I even able to control these leds?

Thank you in advance

Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_1.png
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: vcu1525 status leds

Hello @josecm,

Yes, you can use these LEDs for status indication.

Can you please share how you have applied constraints for these LEDs ?

ds3.JPG

they should be something like above. you can refer master constraint file given under user guide.

Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer josecm
Observer

@kvasantr thank you for your answer- Above I already show the I/O ports tab which I believe has these constraints. Nevertheless, below I show a screenshot of the xdc file with the led constraints.

Screenshot_3.png
0 Kudos
Visitor mzofchak
Visitor

I observe the same behavior as josecm when trying to write to the Status LED's (DS3).

I get a blink on Green and Red is always off.  I have not yet tried to drive the yellow LED.

0 Kudos
Observer abilashjoseph
Observer

I also observe the same behavior. We are not able to access the Red, Green and Yellow LED's from the FPGA.

How should we control these LED's from FPGA?

0 Kudos