UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor eric.thorne
Visitor

zc706 with 2018.2 and linux

Jump to solution

Hi,

I recently got my hands on a ZC706 and was somewhat shocked to see it frozen in "software release" time at 2015.4, and that its walk though documentation is somewhat Windows specific.

I like modern software and I like linux.  

I'm going to attempt to pull the parts of this thing I care about kicking and screaming into the 2018.2 world.  Translate Windows batch scripts to shell scripts.  "xmd" commands to "xsct".  I'm going to go through xtp242, ug961, xtp247, and ug963 at least.

Does anyone else care about this?  Should I post my scripts someplace public for folks to look at/use/reuse? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: zc706 with 2018.2 and linux

Jump to solution

Eric,

Simply, no.  The product is now old, and as a very expensive development board, quantities sold are insignificant (the more popular ZC702 was far more popular).

Blame it on the market's fixation on latest technology, and profits.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Eric,

Simply, no.  The product is now old, and as a very expensive development board, quantities sold are insignificant (the more popular ZC702 was far more popular).

Blame it on the market's fixation on latest technology, and profits.

0 Kudos
Visitor eric.thorne
Visitor

Jump to solution

Makes sense.

I'm trying to attempt to get familiar with the PCIe solution(s?) while I wait for the PicoZed FMC Carrier Card V2 to become available again.  Apparently those are still quite popular...  

The Ultrascale Zynq's look quite nice as well, and I get the "New! Shiny!" appeal, but they may be a little too expensive/high power for my application.

0 Kudos